An Indianapolis 500 car race that is being held at Lucas Oil Stadium has been called off.
The Indianapolis 500 was scheduled for Saturday.
The race had been scheduled for Sept. 9.
The postponement comes after officials from both the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the Indianapolis Metropolitan Council announced the cancellation.
In a statement to the Indianapolis Star, the city’s transportation department said the race was “unable to secure enough hotel room space for the race weekend and that a number of hotels were unable to accommodate the event.”
The Indy 500 has been postponed multiple times in the past.
In 2004, organizers called off the race after officials discovered that a “safety inspection” had been conducted in the hotel rooms of some hotel guests.
In 2015, organizers announced that the race would be moved to September due to a heat wave.
The cancellation came as a result of a dispute between the Indianapolis city and Indianapolis Metropolitan Authority over the cost of staging the race, according to the IndyStar.
Officials from the Indianapolis Met Council and IndyCar said the city and the city of Indianapolis had agreed to a temporary postponement of the race until at least next year, according the IndianapolisStar.
This year’s race will take place Sept. 5.
The IndyCar Series is scheduled to run on Sunday, Sept. 13.
Indianapolis Metropolitan councilor Matt White said in a statement that the postponement is “not necessary” and “is a non-issue for us.”